Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
- Contract partners
The Casa de La Luz is mediator for the owners of the properties. The contract is always between the owner of the property and the client. The owner hands over the property to the client for use as a holiday home. The Spanish rental law (Ley de Arrendamientos Urbanos) is not applied.
- Conclusion of the contract
After written or verbal confirmation from the client to book a property we will send the invoice along with these terms and conditions. All information concerning the house, driving instructions, key delivery, etc. will be sent shortly before arrival. With the payment of the deposit shown in the invoice, the contract between client and the owner (represented by Casa de La Luz) is concluded and the client accepts these terms and conditions.
- Responsibilities Casa de La Luz
We will use our best endeavors to present the property in clean and working condition as shown on our website. If a property is not available at short notice, we will attempt to give you an equal or higher quality property. If this is not possible we refund the whole amount paid for the rental of the property immediately and Casa de La Luz will not be under further liability.
Included in the price for the accommodation is:
- VAT and other taxes and fees
- All utility costs (electricity, water, gas), except in winter when heating costs may be charged for. This is normally indicated on the website.
- Final cleaning
- One set of bed linen and two towels (normally 50 x100 and 70 x 120 cm) for each person are provided
Following services can be booked additionally and paid for in Euros on arrival:
- Baby travel cot and high chair one-off payment € 30 (please bring bed linen)
- Additional bed one-off payment € 60,50
- Intermediate cleaning (please ask for quote)
- Change of bed linen and towels for stays in excess of one week € 7/ person
- Pets (only in selected houses allowed) one-off payment € 60,50 (additional breakage deposit 100 Euros)
- Additional electric heater € 30,25/ week
- Welcome food packs € 60.50 Euros/4 persons
Accommodation offered with telephone and/ or internet access:
Internet- and telephone lines are not part of the contract and a perfectly working line cannot be guaranteed. Normally there are normal DSL-lines, Casa de La Luz or the owners do not offer compensation for problems with the connection due to circumstances beyond our control. Please find the Terms and Conditions for the use of WIFI or wired internet connections below.
Payments can be made by bank transfer to the account indicated on the booking confirmation or by credit card (Visa or Mastercard). We will send you a secure link to do the online payment upon request.
After receiving the booking confirmation a deposit of 25% has to be paid within one week. Balance of payment is due at least 5 weeks before arrival. If the property is booked less than 5 weeks in advance, the whole payment is due immediately upon booking.
For the breakage deposit of 100 Euros (or 500 Euros in luxury villas) you need to provide data of a valid credit card (Visa or Mastercard) a few days before arrival. The data will be deleted once the owner or his staff has inspected the property and confirmed that there are no damages.
- Cancellations by you
Cancellations need to be transmitted in written form. In case of cancellation charges are as follows
Until 61 days before arrival 25 %, between 60. and 31. day 50 %, between 30. and 15. day 75 %, from the 14. day onwards 95 %.
We highly recommend travel insurance which includes a cancellation clause
We do not offer compensation if you arrive later or leave the accommodation earlier than stated in the contract.
- Cancellation by Casa de La Luz/ owner
Casa de La Luz has in the name of the owner the right to dissolve the contract immediately and without any compensation, if the lodger acts against the contract. This can be for example:
- Noise pollution
- Bringing pets without the written confirmation from Casa de La Luz
- Using the house with more people than confirmed in the invoice
- Intentional or negligent damaging and misuse of the accommodation and/ or of the inventory
- Change of bookings
For change of bookings we ask a fee of € 20. Please note that we are only the mediator and that a change from one house to another might not be possible without extra costs.
- During your stay
- Check in and check out:
On your check-in day, the house will be available from 5 p.m. onwards. Check out is before 11a.m. We try to arrange earlier check-in or later check-out times if required, but it always has to be confirmed a few days in advance with Casa de La Luz .
- The lodger is responsible for closing all doors and windows when leaving the property, especially on the day of departure.
- The lodger leaves the accommodation with all dishes washed, cleaned with a broom and all garbage taken to the public containers in the streets.
- Access to garden and pools cannot be denied to our staff. We try not to bother you during your stay, but pools need regular cleaning and the garden has to be looked after. If we need access to the rooms, we will try to advise in advance (please leave a mobile phone number).
- Only the amount of people advised in the invoice are allowed in the property.
- Defects must be reported to our office as soon as possible. Casa de La Luz or the owner must be given the opportunity to resolve any issue brought to our attention in a reasonable amount of time. Compensation payments will only be considered where it is not possible to solve the problem and if it had a major impact on the enjoyment of your holiday. It is not acceptable to make a complaint after you have returned home.
- Any damage caused by the lodger has to be reported to Casa de La Luz immediately. The lodger is responsible for all damages that occur during his stay, also if they exceed the breakage deposit.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the properties. If this rule is neglected Casa de La Luz is entitled to charge an extra cleaning fee of € 50-200.
- Circumstances such as temporary electricity and water short cuts or insects are not acceptable reasons for complaints. Especially in rural areas the sounds of barking dogs, crowing roosters, etc. are to be expected.- Satellite dishes may not work properly in strong winds or heavy rain due to interruptions of the signal
- Your belongings are not insured during your stay. Please ask your household insurance whether your luggage is covered when travelling abroad or buy a baggage insurance for this purpose if you wish to do so.
- Pools can normally be used from the week before Easter to the end of October. In urbanizations with apartments pools are normally opened from 15th of June to the 15th of September.
- We can´t be held responsible for any accidents that may occur during your stay in the accommodation. Children are not allowed unattended near the pool or on the roofterrace, even if these are fenced.
- Place of jurisdiction
Any legal case arising from this contract shall be heard in Chiclana (Cadiz)
These terms and conditions are applied to all bookings made after January 31st, 2013.
Inmobiliaria Conil Casa de La Luz SL, Calle Los Pueblos Blancos 20, ES-11140 Conil (Cadiz)
Phone: +34 956 10 62 40
tax number: B 72275092